Saturday, January 15, 2011

Haate crime

The Washington Post had a word contest years ago in which they invited readers to take a word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition for the word. I've got a few hundred of them. (I was bored one week. Sue me.) I'll be posting them randomly here to fill in the time when I don't have anything beautiful to say or a great example of my photography to share.

Here's one now:

Haate crime: What Dutch Nazis get charged with.

2 comments:

  1. Haight Crime: Selling weed in San Francisco...

    I know more than one letter changed but I couldn't resist.

    I remember back in the 70's some paper back east had a contest where you changed one letter of a famous person's name and came up with a new person/joke.

    My friend Ilene Weiss came up with DNA St. Vincent Milay, famous poet-geneticist and didn't win! I came up with Bo Dylan: Slow Brain Coming* which didn't win either! *reference to Bo Derek, big star at the time.

    Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious.

    Bo Dylan: She bounces...just like a woman...

    ReplyDelete